SporeBase Forum
January 16, 2018, 05:29:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fun Fact: The current fastest supercomputer is the Chinese Milky Way-2 with an incredible speed of 33.86 petaflops per second.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: SporeBase hacked  (Read 10807 times)
Nicmaster
Marine Recruit
489.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Nicmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 01:32:57 PM »

does everyone realise that when even guest accounts were banned, it said **Bloodsh*t** on the error message?

That's interesting. In any case that it was not jake, then I apologise for the crazy little bit ch thing.
Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »

does everyone realise that when even guest accounts were banned, it said **Bloodsh*t** on the error message?
Yes. We are aware.

However, we did not receive a deface screen, nor did we get it the way it was spelled on SA, Bl00dsh*t.

Amber
MISUSE OF AA PRIVILEGES HERE
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

Mountain Dew is my life's blood

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 01:34:44 PM »

In other words, it is probably a third (or fourth?) party framing Bl00dsh*t, Sifer, and Jake.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:35:13 PM by Persephone » Logged

Vagabond6
POLICE OFFICER ~ AXE COP
Global Moderator
Marine Elite
2059.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Vagabond6

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »

Yes. We are aware.

However, we did not receive a deface screen, nor did we get it the way it was spelled on SA, Bl00dsh*t.
true. I'd say it is likely that is is someone from here or SA who had seen the Bl00dsh*t attacks and wanted to copy the name but forgot how to spell it. thus failing.

“A thing is a hole in the thing that it is not” - Carl Andre
Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »

I don't know what to think. From the IP addresses, Jake is implicated.
So unless someone went to the trouble of extracting the IP... I dunno.

Vagabond6
POLICE OFFICER ~ AXE COP
Global Moderator
Marine Elite
2059.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Vagabond6

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »

true. it is very confuzzling

.:Archer-250:.
2nd Warning (Flaming)
Lieutenant
1557.60 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to .:Archer-250:.

Hi I like to disrespect thousands of innocents who died in WWII because I have a bone to pick with the staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »

I do not know why he would do this, but it looks like it was Jake. I went through the error logs and its seems like Jake was trying to use admin commands to ban someone at around 12am east cost USA time (he lives in Australia). The IP used has been his IP for at least 20 days in which he made posts from. After those commands failed to be used, he started attempting to log onto chaos's account (which is the account that ended up being hacked and did all the damage) and after 2 attempts using his IP, a brute force login attack onto his and other accounts started and used different IP's. He also tried to make us think its not him by banning his own account, but his account is the only one that does not contain all possible bans triggers but just for his account name and email used.
It might not have been 400 computers, but close to 400IPs after this where connected to Chaos's account.
I don't know why Jake did this and the damage might not be repairable.

So... you're saying.

A retarded, f♥cked up, pissed-off member has exacted revenge BY BRUTE FORCE ATTACK?

He told us all to "get a life"

and he spends his time at his computer hacking us by BRUTE FORCE?

too geeky for Jake?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:45:53 PM by Archer 250 » Logged

The End Crowns the Work. Even if it's that shitty.

Hi I like to disrespect thousands of innocents who died in WWII because I have a bone to pick with the staff! YES! THAT INCLUDES YOU, JEWS!
Whismy
Here, ish.
Global Moderator
Officer
5098.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Whismy

Time flies.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 11:24:03 PM »

I do not know why he would do this, but it looks like it was Jake. I went through the error logs and its seems like Jake was trying to use admin commands to ban someone at around 12am east cost USA time (he lives in Australia). The IP used has been his IP for at least 20 days in which he made posts from. After those commands failed to be used, he started attempting to log onto chaos's account (which is the account that ended up being hacked and did all the damage) and after 2 attempts using his IP, a brute force login attack onto his and other accounts started and used different IP's. He also tried to make us think its not him by banning his own account, but his account is the only one that does not contain all possible bans triggers but just for his account name and email used.
It might not have been 400 computers, but close to 400IPs after this where connected to Chaos's account.

So... you're saying.

A retarded, f♥cked up, pissed-off member has exacted revenge BY BRUTE FORCE ATTACK?

too geeky for Jake?
Well jake did say that he is the 'ultimate xbox hacker' (Quote btw)...
Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Slender Man

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 11:47:05 PM »

So... you're saying.

too geeky for Jake?
Well jake did say that he is the 'ultimate xbox hacker' (Quote btw)...
that four year old i knew did say he was the "ultimate xbox hacker" as well.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about these, I had them disabled for the longest time...
Whismy
Here, ish.
Global Moderator
Officer
5098.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Whismy

Time flies.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:04 PM »

You comparing the two?
Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Slender Man

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 12:23:51 AM »

You comparing the two?
no.

im just saying him saying he is "the ultimate xbox hacker"

doesnt mean anything.

at all.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about these, I had them disabled for the longest time...
Groxinabox
Global Moderator
Civilian
141.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Groxinabox

Grox *is* here.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 03:53:16 AM »

Sorry to interupt, but has nobody noticed that my account has gone?!?

I came on here today to see that my username did not exist. Could I have my AA position back?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:02:03 AM by Elite » Logged
Vagabond6
POLICE OFFICER ~ AXE COP
Global Moderator
Marine Elite
2059.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Vagabond6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 03:57:34 AM »

yes I realised you were gone.

all the big posters were deleted. you lost your AA status. that can be brought back. my 4000 and something posts can't.

Groxinabox
Global Moderator
Civilian
141.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Groxinabox

Grox *is* here.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 04:04:50 AM »

all the big posters were deleted. you lost your AA status. that can be brought back. my 4000 and something posts can't.

Neither can my 2000+ posts. But post count isn't all that important. Yes, it gives new members the impression that you are a more senior member, with more experience. But you have got your Global position, which is more important and gives you more power than post count.
Vagabond6
POLICE OFFICER ~ AXE COP
Global Moderator
Marine Elite
2059.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Vagabond6

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 04:07:49 AM »

Neither can my 2000+ posts. But post count isn't all that important. Yes, it gives new members the impression that you are a more senior member, with more experience. But you have got your Global position, which is more important and gives you more power than post count.

ah but it is not simply the post count it is the presence of any posts at all.

if you have noticed, the accounts that were deleted - all their posts are gone too. literally never happened.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
Oistin16 (49), Oscarweatherburn (49), DarkSideGrox (23), kentl3vy (37), quincebird1 (36), cone2sort (43), grasssleep5 (34), pullsheet7 (34), land9robin (39), deal08oval (41), coursefriday80 (34), james83bamboo (36), pink9neck (39), hobbscapr74 (41), cork69bush (41), haildeal1 (37), flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (35), violawoolen82 (33), coachcrocus89 (43), milkmatch6 (41), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), beetauthor5 (40), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), june7double (42), neon83class (38), link37spear (35), squash45napkin (39), Ray (218), Mike2 (38)