SporeBase Forum
January 17, 2018, 12:02:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please keep all Spore bug topics within the Spore Talk board, or Modding Spore if the problems are caused by mods.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: SporeBase hacked  (Read 10812 times)
[In rAge]Gold_Spark
Marine Veteran
1156.40 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to [In rAge]Gold_Spark

No matter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2010, 08:46:28 AM »

I do not know why he would do this, but it looks like it was Jake. I went through the error logs and its seems like Jake was trying to use admin commands to ban someone at around 12am east cost USA time (he lives in Australia). The IP used has been his IP for at least 20 days in which he made posts from. After those commands failed to be used, he started attempting to log onto chaos's account (which is the account that ended up being hacked and did all the damage) and after 2 attempts using his IP, a brute force login attack onto his and other accounts started and used different IP's. He also tried to make us think its not him by banning his own account, but his account is the only one that does not contain all possible bans triggers but just for his account name and email used.
It might not have been 400 computers, but close to 400IPs after this where connected to Chaos's account.
I don't know why Jake did this and the damage might not be repairable.

I cannot believe this!Jake?!Why would jake do such a thing?

I really hate that my forum profile got hacked!

Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Slender Man

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »

I do not know why he would do this, but it looks like it was Jake. I went through the error logs and its seems like Jake was trying to use admin commands to ban someone at around 12am east cost USA time (he lives in Australia). The IP used has been his IP for at least 20 days in which he made posts from. After those commands failed to be used, he started attempting to log onto chaos's account (which is the account that ended up being hacked and did all the damage) and after 2 attempts using his IP, a brute force login attack onto his and other accounts started and used different IP's. He also tried to make us think its not him by banning his own account, but his account is the only one that does not contain all possible bans triggers but just for his account name and email used.
It might not have been 400 computers, but close to 400IPs after this where connected to Chaos's account.

because hes butthurt

Oh, yeah, I forgot about these, I had them disabled for the longest time...
3DRoxZon
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2010, 10:50:52 AM »

Mmm.
Basil!
1st Commendation
Reporter
Lieutenant
7048.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Basil!

This is me...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »

because hes butthurt
Are you inferring something?

(click to show/hide)
Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Slender Man

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »

because hes butthurt
yes, that he's butthurt.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about these, I had them disabled for the longest time...
Basil!
1st Commendation
Reporter
Lieutenant
7048.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Basil!

This is me...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2010, 05:59:48 AM »

because hes butthurt
yes, that he's butthurt.
Do you mean buttf*cked?

(click to show/hide)
3DRoxZon
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

He probably has been in the past, but no.
99TheCreator
Marine Veteran
363.40 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to 99TheCreator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 08:29:40 PM »

When did all this happen Huh

Ivy
3rd Commendation - Respected Member
Reporter
Strategic Expert
4551.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Ivy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »

Late October; and no necromancing please.

Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2011, 09:05:25 PM »

Locked because old wounds shouldn't be opened, and may be.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:05:33 PM by Kaos » Logged

Vagabond6
POLICE OFFICER ~ AXE COP
Global Moderator
Marine Elite
2059.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Vagabond6

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2011, 12:59:35 PM »

:/ i'm still annoyed but i talk to jake nearly every day. I cannot honestly say if it was him or not, because he is a good friend. but it that a spiteful mind + butthurt + minor hacking skills = all my 5000 friggin posts gone, and countless wasted hours.

“A thing is a hole in the thing that it is not” - Carl Andre
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (35), violawoolen82 (33), milkmatch6 (41), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), neon83class (38), link37spear (35), stewglove6 (36), squash45napkin (42), coachcrocus89 (41), land9robin (38), beetauthor5 (41), june7double (37), lunch25kidney (39), gray57store (39), golf2virgo (41), fly0rate (39), winter19women (34), Ray (218), tire82detail (41), vacuumnews2 (36), Mike2 (38), Salabasama (28), AsteriskExpert (45)