SporeBase Forum
January 16, 2018, 05:27:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: For all of your informative needs, check out the News Section!

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: And...the Verdict...  (Read 13514 times)
Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 08:01:35 AM »

To be 100% clear, there is a few reasons why I unbanned Jake.
#1, because no matter what happened in the past, it CANNOT happen again. Last time we had problems because of distributing passwords, but those passwords are all alphanumeric now, and the staff have sworn never to share their password.

#2, BECAUSE NOBODY PARTICIPATED IN THE TRIAL. It's the same as registering to vote, but not doing anything. You guys all said that you wanted to be a part of the trial, but nobody ever did anything about it. Well that's not true, I know some of you did a few things, but none of you uncovered evidence enough that I could make any call on, so I used what I had.

#3, because I trust Jake, and because approximately half of the forum trusts Jake. If that trust was misplaced, if all those conversations I had with him were so fake, then Jake is the lowest and scummiest and most evil and wormy thing in the world. But he probably isn't, because I trust him.

JakeG
Captain
10728.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to JakeG

Member from 2009 (lurks on occasion)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 08:10:33 AM »

Thank you Kaos.

Kaos
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »

Don't thank me yet.

And there is a reason why he still has two warnings, because he is partially guilty.

Here is the story, as far as I have heard it (Admittedly from jake, but who else did I have a story that I could use from?)
-Jake was playing Halo, and his "friend" said he wanted to use Jake's computer
-Jake said sure.
-Jake's "friend" found Chaos' password (or already knew it) in Jake's MSN history.
-Jake's "friend" used this password to attack Sporebase, and Jake was completely clueless about that.
-Jake's "friend" apparently wanted revenge on Jake.

Conclusions I have drawn:
-Jake was, very bluntly put, stupid to trust his "friend". At all. He should have known if this friend was after revenge, because he would know that his friend was pissed at him, and letting him use his computer... that was just boneheaded.
-Jake's friend clearly knew far too much about SporeBase's security, or at least knew that Jake had Chaos' password in his MSN history. That's a lot of information.

So Not Guilty? I think not. I'd go more along the lines of "Hung Jury". I don't have anything to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Jake is guilty, so we must assume his innocence, especially since he has already served punishment of several months ban.

3DRoxZon
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »

No, Nny. He is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

He had no motive to do it, and there was no supporting evidence since literally anyone who had access to his computer(s) could be the guilty party. Suppose he did: what motive would he have for deleting every active account? If it were him, he would probably just ban you and the other members that he disliked, not EVERYONE.

The facts point to it being someone who didn't know any of us and just deleted members indiscriminately.
Then why was he banned for so long?
Kaos
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »

He had no motive to do it, and there was no supporting evidence since literally anyone who had access to his computer(s) could be the guilty party. Suppose he did: what motive would he have for deleting every active account? If it were him, he would probably just ban you and the other members that he disliked, not EVERYONE.

The facts point to it being someone who didn't know any of us and just deleted members indiscriminately.
Because he WAS guilty before proven innocent.
However, I suppose you could equate that to a man awaiting his trial while not being allowed to enter the area that he allegedly affected.

3DRoxZon
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »

However, I suppose you could equate that to a man awaiting his trial while not being allowed to enter the area that he allegedly affected.
Okay, I'm dicked.

So he was innocent until proven guilty, but guilty before proven innocent?
Kaos
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 11:35:55 AM »

Okay, I'm dicked.

So he was innocent until proven guilty, but guilty before proven innocent?
Amber's logic is somewhat flawed. He was originally guilty before proven innocent, but he shouldn't have been.

Ivy
3rd Commendation - Respected Member
Reporter
Strategic Expert
4551.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Ivy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »

i can't believe nobody came to the trial -_-

Seriously, guys?

Kaos
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »

That's not 100% true, here's what I got from the prosecution:
Quote from: Prosecution Member A
Quote from: Prosecution Member B
Quote from: Prosecution Member A
So far I've gotten 3 replies:
Quote from: Prosecution Member C
his IP was reported trying to repeatedly login to 42's account, he was an asshat when he left, he made a story that was filled with soo much bullshit its not even funny, it was a brute force hack so it wasnt too complicated for him, and he was butthurt.
Quote from: Prosecution member D
The I.P. ; Jake's rage against us in one thread ; he was having troble in real life so mix it with a little troll or flame from us in here and you get REVENGE! status.
Quote from: Prosecution member E
Well you know how bad jake was, he had a warnings from  moderators. He started to be bad at time to time. I don't know anymore. I just think that is it.
That's all. it's not much but we can work on it and I expect to get more.

Right, well I know that Jake didn't hack a thing! But however he knew 42's password and just logged into that and because 42 has moderator privileges Jake could create havoc that way. So evidence... 42's account was used to damage the forum... he knew 42's password...
Motive:
Anger/Revenge
Difficulty at home/real life resulting in wanting to lash out and have control
Wanting to damage our forum so that all the flame wars end (A strangely noble motive for Jake if its true)
Wanting to damage our forum so the members would go to his forum...

Thats about what I can think of for the moment... Don't go spreading around that Jake had 42's password... leave it till the trial
This is what we have gathered so far.

I also received some defense stuff, and I'm gathering those right now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:58:54 AM by Kaos » Logged

Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Slender Man

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »

"he seems honest" isn't a defense, and it never will be.

Welcome back Jake!

Indeed. THIS should be what this thread is full of, not "screw the facts, you did it because I don't like you and I say so".
Bull, i brought up legitimate evidence, you brought up "well, he didn't do it because i didn't feel like he did it"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:29:46 PM by Nny » Logged

Oh, yeah, I forgot about these, I had them disabled for the longest time...
Kaos
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »

A fair point. Regardless, that wasn't my only reason, as stated above.
Welcome back Jake!
Indeed. THIS should be what this thread is full of, not "screw the facts, you did it because I don't like you and I say so".
Bull, i brought up legitimate evidence, you brought up "well, he didn't do it because i didn't feel like he did it"
Don't flame, either of you. Also, her evidence is that he swears he didn't do it, and had an alibi that was cross checked with Redswandir.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:54:27 PM by Kaos » Logged

Amber
MISUSE OF AA PRIVILEGES HERE
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

Mountain Dew is my life's blood

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »

Alright, I get it now. I'm sorry that I misunderstood what was going on, but I also wasn't informed very much, so it just seemed the most logical to me that he was found not guilty.

OP edited to read 'SEMI-GUILTY".
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:27:05 PM by Ace Attorney » Logged

Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 02:29:17 PM »

A fair point. Regardless, that wasn't my only reason, as stated above.
Welcome back Jake!
Don't flame, either of you. Also, her evidence is that he swears he didn't do it, and had an alibi that was cross checked with Redswandir.
And i accepted that as evidence, what i didn't accept is that i was making baseless claims.

Amber
MISUSE OF AA PRIVILEGES HERE
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

Mountain Dew is my life's blood

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »

If you had evidence, why didn't you cite it? Instead, you just flamed him silly and continued accusing him.

Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »

If you had evidence, why didn't you cite it? Instead, you just flamed him silly and continued accusing him.
I DID, MULTIPLE

TIMES.

THE IP, that is EVIDENCE, SERIOUSLY, WHY CAN'T YOU READ THAT?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
Oistin16 (49), Oscarweatherburn (49), DarkSideGrox (23), kentl3vy (37), quincebird1 (36), cone2sort (43), grasssleep5 (34), pullsheet7 (34), land9robin (39), deal08oval (41), coursefriday80 (34), james83bamboo (36), pink9neck (39), hobbscapr74 (41), cork69bush (41), haildeal1 (37), flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (35), violawoolen82 (33), coachcrocus89 (43), milkmatch6 (41), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), beetauthor5 (40), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), june7double (42), neon83class (38), link37spear (35), squash45napkin (39), Ray (218), Mike2 (38)