SporeBase Forum
January 18, 2018, 08:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please keep all Spore bug topics within the Spore Talk board, or Modding Spore if the problems are caused by mods.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sticky Suggestion Thread  (Read 3862 times)
Amber
MISUSE OF AA PRIVILEGES HERE
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

Mountain Dew is my life's blood

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »

This is a thread to suggest topics to be made sticky or to have their sticky status removed. Freedom Thread and Illogical Reasoning will never have their status changed unless the staff can agree on a good reason for it.

The sticky status will be changed if at least 5 people vote in favor of the decision.

Please use this form:
Name of thread:
Link to thread:
Reason:

You must give a good reason for your idea to be considered. No spam, please.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:56:37 AM by Celty Sturluson » Logged

Officer
2995.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to 9

Equals four plus five.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 03:50:57 PM »

Name of threads: Conquerors and Saviors SIGN UP THREAD; Conquerors and Saviors LOGS; Conquerors and Saviors Talk
Link to threads: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=4304.45 http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=4321.15 http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=4329.60
Reason: PaP threads has been stickied for a long time, even though it's dead, while CaS' hasn't. I say we should archive the first ones and sticky the second ones.

Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:32:52 PM »

Name of thread: Fandomon Request Thread
Link to thread: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=4877.0
Reason: This will undoubtedly become a popular topic, but implementing fakemon into a Diamond hack takes time and I don't want the thread to get buried if I get swamped with requests. Besides, it is one of the few active topics in that board, and I don't want it getting mixed up with the many year-dead threads there.

Ivy
3rd Commendation - Respected Member
Reporter
Strategic Expert
4551.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Ivy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:37:04 PM »

Are you sure Clickables has to be stickied? Only about two or three people post their critters.

MaxDG1013
1st Commendation
Lieutenant
661.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MaxDG1013

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark." - Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:45:18 PM »

Reason: This will undoubtedly become a popular topic, but implementing fakemon into a Diamond hack takes time and I don't want the thread to get buried if I get swamped with requests. Besides, it is one of the few active topics in that board, and I don't want it getting mixed up with the many year-dead threads there.
Agreed. I second this post.

Ivy
Reporter
Strategic Expert
4551.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Ivy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 02:02:07 PM »

Agreed. I second this post.

Vote 3. From me. Yippee.

Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »

Are you sure Clickables has to be stickied? Only about two or three people post their critters.
You never know when another member might join and have clickables that they want to show off. That thread doesn't get much activity at the moment, though, and constantly having to remake it due to the anti-necro rule would be frustrating. I think having it "just there", so that someone can share their adoptables whenever they want, is the best way to go. If we don't have the thread, then there's a chance of people spamming elsewhere with adoptables.

If you don't have adoptables that you want to show off, then the thread doesn't affect you at all. If you do, then it's beneficial so that you have a place to post them. This is why Clickables v2 will always be sticky.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:05:25 PM by Celty Sturluson » Logged

MangoJuice
Official Beverage Inspector
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »

You never know when another member might join and have clickables that they want to show off. That thread doesn't get much activity at the moment, though, and constantly having to remake it due to the anti-necro rule would be frustrating. I think having it "just there", so that someone can share their adoptables whenever they want, is the best way to go. If we don't have the thread, then there's a chance of people spamming elsewhere with adoptables.

If you don't have adoptables that you want to show off, then the thread doesn't affect you at all. If you do, then it's beneficial so that you have a place to post them. This is why Clickables v2 will always be sticky.
Actually, if it isn't relevant to us, it just gets in the way. And adoptables are a silly spammy thing anyway, IMO.

Ivy
Reporter
Strategic Expert
4551.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Ivy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »

Actually, if it isn't relevant to us, it just gets in the way. And adoptables are a silly spammy thing anyway, IMO.

I must say I agree with mango, just didn't want to...er, offend Amber.

Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »

How does it get in the way? It's just a thread to condense all adoptables into one place. You don't have to click it if you don't want to see them.

As my original post states, the Clickables v2 thread's sticky status is NOT going to change unless Kaos and/or SporeCheater say so. Please stop asking me to unsticky it.

Also, clickables are only spam if people choose to flood random posts with them. Putting them in a designated thread or in your signature, which is where they are intended to go in the first place, is NOT spam.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:12:18 PM by Celty Sturluson » Logged

MangoJuice
Official Beverage Inspector
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »

Alright Amber, you don't need to get all defensive. I'm just saying that the thread doesn't serve a very important purpose and serves too few people to be of much use to the general public.

And by your logic, wouldn't every post-your thread need to be stickied?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:21:45 PM by MangoJuice » Logged

Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »

If the creator of it posted a suggestion here and got enough votes in favor, yes. Clickables is a remake of a thread pre-hacking that was stickied, so it sort of inherited the sticky status by default. The old one lost its sticky status because it devolved into a spam and flame-fest (although it was later re-stickied); I put several rules in the new one that will prevent such a problem from recurring.

Now, can we PLEASE stop discussing that single thread and get back to suggesting other topics for sticky/non-sticky? Last time I checked, this is not a "Should Clickables v2 be sticky?" thread, plus I made it pretty clear that suggestions here would not affect its status. If it REALLY bothers you THAT MUCH that there is a thread for adoptables that is stickied, make a new topic with a poll to vote in favor or against it remaining sticky.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:56:22 PM by Celty Sturluson » Logged

Redswandir
Officer
417.60 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Redswandir

I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »

The SB Minecraft Server thread.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »

Can you post a link to it and at least one reason, please?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:13:58 PM by Celty Sturluson » Logged

JakeG
Captain
10728.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to JakeG

Member from 2009 (lurks on occasion)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 12:12:46 AM »

If I remember correctly back in the day before you even got here Amber even when a lot of people used Clickables (ah the Dragon Cave days) the rule still was a topic in that section was not to be stickied unless really active not just so a few people can easily find it now and then, also if it's relevant your posts shouldn't be counted as necro. I find the thread should defiantly be unstickied, no offense but I think you just want to keep it stickied there because you like them so much, I don't see how it helps SporeBase by seeing a few people rarely post eggs and stuff and the majority of the active community want it unstickied including a Moderator, I say that's enough.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
squash45napkin (42), land9robin (38), slipdancer28 (42), beetauthor5 (41), june7double (37), lunch25kidney (39), gray57store (39), golf2virgo (41), fly0rate (39), winter19women (34), bubble15ship (36), silk56move (40), streampaint72 (39), Ray (218), sofa68carol (42), gander7age (37), coachcrocus89 (37), llama4notify (43), bitecare71 (37), tire82detail (41), regretfaucet2 (35), vacuumnews2 (36), pig46chance (36), Mike2 (38), Salabasama (28), AsteriskExpert (45), Calista59 (41)