SporeBase Forum
January 17, 2018, 11:57:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SporeBase! Enjoy your stay. If anything bothers you, feel free to contact the SporeBase staff via pm. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: [16x][1.4.6]LJ's Pack(Clean/Bright/Cartoony)  (Read 24953 times)
Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Slender Man

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 04:27:46 PM »

Nny, you're pushing it now. If you don't like the pack, then leave. If you keep causing trouble here, I'm going to have to give you your 4th warning. That's a month ban. Niether of us wants that so how about you just calmly leave the thread?
ban for opinion on wine and hotdogs

Oh, yeah, I forgot about these, I had them disabled for the longest time...
Eleight
Marine Recruit
851.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Eleight

Creator of LJ's Pack

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 09:14:47 AM »

I actually love it if I'm honest. I like the flowing graphic of the grass, keeping that as a solid shape with dots. I actually don't mind the leaves either. The torches are cool

Wow, thanks! =) I have actually updated the leaves since then, simply to remove a rather silly looking slit that spanned across every single tree in site when you're at a certain height level. lol

Leaves have been fixed, and they actually look much less repetitive now, which is always good. I'm glad you like the grass because I wasn't sure at first, but I think it fits the style well, and I saw that more and more as the pack developed. =)

Check out my texture pack over at:[16x][1.9pre4]
Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »

i'll admit, that does look a lot better than what i thought it looked, (screenshots up there do not make it look as good as it is) but you do need to get custom water, because i hate that about the default.

MangoJuice
Official Beverage Inspector
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »

I really like the look of the health heartbeat bar. Maybe it could be refined a little more though?

Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »

the ends kind of need to be snipped.

MangoJuice
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »

the ends kind of need to be snipped.
I don't see it.

Slender Man
(Banned by Request)
Captain
11393.70 Spice

View Inventory

This is clever.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »

Kind of like this but with more effort.

* 2011-05-12_105724.png (287.1 KB, 854x480 - viewed 218 times.)

Eleight
Marine Recruit
851.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Eleight

Creator of LJ's Pack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »

I really like the look of the health heartbeat bar. Maybe it could be refined a little more though?

How were you thinking to refine it? I'm glad someone other than myself and a few friends like it.

I can't say I understand the whole snipping deal. The concept is that, in-game, you lose 'heartbeats', and, therefore, can drop to practically a solid line moving across the meter.
I understand that the whole thing snips, in real life, to re-render the new data that's being inputed, but I feel it'd look much more tiled being chopped up in that fashion.

Also, I totally agree about the default water and lava textures. I wish I knew how to handle those, but the last time I tried simply installing the painterly ones, it would crash whenever it attempted to display flowing water. =/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:56:51 PM by Eleight » Logged

Ivy
3rd Commendation - Respected Member
Strategic Expert
4551.20 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Ivy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 08:57:05 AM »

You need to use MCPatcher.
Download here, patch, and now you can use HD textures and custom water/lava.

MangoJuice
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »

How were you thinking to refine it? I'm glad someone other than myself and a few friends like it.

I can't say I understand the whole snipping deal. The concept is that, in-game, you lose 'heartbeats', and, therefore, can drop to practically a solid line moving across the meter.
I understand that the whole thing snips, in real life, to re-render the new data that's being inputed, but I feel it'd look much more tiled being chopped up in that fashion.

Also, I totally agree about the default water and lava textures. I wish I knew how to handle those, but the last time I tried simply installing the painterly ones, it would crash whenever it attempted to display flowing water. =/
I don't know, something just seems funny. Maybe you could make it a little more like it's on an actual screen? Adding more colors, making it grainy, etc.

Eleight
Marine Recruit
851.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Eleight

Creator of LJ's Pack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »

I don't know, something just seems funny. Maybe you could make it a little more like it's on an actual screen? Adding more colors, making it grainy, etc.

Mmkay, thanks. =) I'll consider it and mess around with it. I think it's a challenge, simply because it's static, whereas a real BPM is in motion and constantly updating. I appreciate the input, and I'll see what I can do. =) In the meantime, check out the v2.6_03 update and let me know what you think of the updates. =)

MangoJuice
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »

The sun seems a little strange. Maybe even out the line width?

Eleight
Marine Recruit
851.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Eleight

Creator of LJ's Pack

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 11:06:21 PM »

The sun seems a little strange. Maybe even out the line width?

Oh, I had done it that way on purpose. =)
The issue is, if I thicken the diagonal lines, then they're either pointed or split on the ends.
Likewise, if I thin out the straight lines, then they won't be centered and look off-kilter.

Eleight
Marine Recruit
851.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Eleight

Creator of LJ's Pack

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »

Hey everyone! Sorry about the long absence. I've been working on this pack for a very long time, and now finished with everything, including everything in v1.7, except animated textures! Yes, that's right, ALL static textures are complete! Cheesy

Many, many pixel tinting, fixes, and tweaks later, I am convinced the pack is looking it's best by far! I will be uploading my newest version soon! If you're anxious and want to see a bit more before I upload it, check out v2.9.2 over at http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/314971-ljs-pack-inspired-by-frenden/.

Thanks, everyone! And yes, I have updated the bar to make it easier to read how many 'hearts' you have [thank you very much for bringing that to my full attention].

Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »

Well done! You did a great job Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (35), violawoolen82 (33), milkmatch6 (41), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), neon83class (38), link37spear (35), stewglove6 (36), squash45napkin (42), coachcrocus89 (41), land9robin (38), beetauthor5 (41), june7double (37), lunch25kidney (39), gray57store (39), golf2virgo (41), fly0rate (39), winter19women (34), bubble15ship (36), silk56move (34), streampaint72 (41), Ray (218), gander7age (37), tire82detail (41), regretfaucet2 (43), vacuumnews2 (36), Mike2 (38), Salabasama (28), AsteriskExpert (45)