SporeBase Forum
January 16, 2018, 01:33:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remember, we don't support anything pirated or illegally downloaded.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Poll
Question: Would you as a member like to see this section happen?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: App Section  (Read 3922 times)
MangoJuice
Official Beverage Inspector
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »

And he shouldn't moderate it.
Okay, I've seen enough. You clearly don't want to stop insulting him so you're getting a warning. I gave you several chances but for whatever reason, you refused to take them.

JakeG
Captain
10728.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to JakeG

Member from 2009 (lurks on occasion)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 11:34:36 PM »

I didn't expect to become one Slender Man, I just mentioned I'd like if I were, I wouldn't mind if it was still up and I wasn't. If the community as an average, not just the "trolls:, don't want the section I'm fine with that though, I just thought some iPod apps would be cool to connect to each other with. I'll put up a poll, that sounds like the best idea.

vexx32
1st Commendation
Visiting Administrator
Lieutenant
2114.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to vexx32

Vengeance Warrior [1st Commmendation]

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 01:04:35 AM »

My vote is yes...

Hmm. Perhaps a subforum for developing apps, if it gains enough interest, and perhaps some basic app-making tutorials (I know Adobe has a program you can use for such things; cross-platform, too... I think it's Adobe AIR).

Minecraft Username: vexx32
JakeG
Captain
10728.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to JakeG

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 02:29:12 AM »

Great idea Vexx, and thanks for not being a sheep!

vexx32
1st Commendation
Visiting Administrator
Lieutenant
2114.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to vexx32

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »

Tehe. No problem. I never did like how people always tended to act like sheep Wink

ESPECIALLY the trolls...

Woodrow
Officer
4109.60 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Woodrow

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »

Gee people, it's not THAT bad of an idea.
My vote is yes.

in the beginning the universe was created. this was considered a bad move by most and has made some people very angry.
JakeG
Captain
10728.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to JakeG

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »

Thanks Woodrow!

And Vexx, I couldnt agree more.

vexx32
1st Commendation
Visiting Administrator
Lieutenant
2114.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to vexx32

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »

Haha...

Yep. ^^

Redswandir
Officer
417.60 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Redswandir

I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 12:54:27 AM »

It does sound awsome so I voted yes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JakeG
Captain
10728.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to JakeG

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 04:38:13 AM »

Thanks Red!

It's funny how much more supportive of the idea people are when somebody like Nny isn't bagging it out.

vexx32
1st Commendation
Visiting Administrator
Lieutenant
2114.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to vexx32

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 07:22:26 AM »

I shall call it: THE SHEEP HYPOTHESIS!

People follow the idea that is most obvious, or most loudly proclaimed, most often without bothering to question it. If someone directly contradicts the accepted view, sympathetic "sheep" will quickly flock to them, perceiving that they are the "minority" and that they should be supported for a reason like <insert lying rationalisation here> (this only occurs if the "sheep" can understand the minority argument to a reasonable degree). The concept of Global Warming is one such example. So many have put their lives for their belief that if we continue this way, we're doomed, that the majority now believe that it is true. And it is... in a way. There are, however, some thresholds that (once crossed) will send the climate the other way. People ignore this view because (for most people) it is a little trying to get their head around, and the timescales involved are too large. They ignore the fact that Global Warming also occurs on similar, inconceivable timescales, because proponents of such theories commonly make it sound like we're going to see it within a few years...

Now, although that was interesting for me to think up, it's hardly on-topic, so now... a suggestion!
For an app section, perhaps it has its own little board, which is then divided into Apple's App Store Apps, Apps from the Android Market, Blackberry Apps, and Other Apps (Apple, Android and BB apps should have their own section because they tend to be the most well-known and common).

Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »

I shall call it: THE SHEEP HYPOTHESIS!

People follow the idea that is most obvious, or most loudly proclaimed, most often without bothering to question it. If someone directly contradicts the accepted view, sympathetic "sheep" will quickly flock to them, perceiving that they are the "minority" and that they should be supported for a reason like <insert lying rationalisation here> (this only occurs if the "sheep" can understand the minority argument to a reasonable degree). The concept of Global Warming is one such example. So many have put their lives for their belief that if we continue this way, we're doomed, that the majority now believe that it is true. And it is... in a way. There are, however, some thresholds that (once crossed) will send the climate the other way. People ignore this view because (for most people) it is a little trying to get their head around, and the timescales involved are too large. They ignore the fact that Global Warming also occurs on similar, inconceivable timescales, because proponents of such theories commonly make it sound like we're going to see it within a few years...

Now, although that was interesting for me to think up, it's hardly on-topic, so now... a suggestion!
For an app section, perhaps it has its own little board, which is then divided into Apple's App Store Apps, Apps from the Android Market, Blackberry Apps, and Other Apps (Apple, Android and BB apps should have their own section because they tend to be the most well-known and common).
I don't typically separate things out unless there is a large demand in the section, and a need to do so Smiley

vexx32
1st Commendation
Visiting Administrator
Lieutenant
2114.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to vexx32

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »

Ah, ok.

JakeG
Captain
10728.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to JakeG

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »

Very nice explanation Vexx!

vexx32
1st Commendation
Visiting Administrator
Lieutenant
2114.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to vexx32

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 12:15:44 AM »

'Tis my specialty, and my pleasure ^^

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
Oistin16 (49), Oscarweatherburn (49), DarkSideGrox (23), kentl3vy (37), quincebird1 (36), cone2sort (43), grasssleep5 (34), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (38), violawoolen82 (40), pullsheet7 (34), land9robin (39), deal08oval (41), coursefriday80 (34), james83bamboo (36), pink9neck (39), june7double (39), hobbscapr74 (41), cork69bush (41), haildeal1 (37), flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), squash45napkin (36), coachcrocus89 (43), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), link37spear (35), Ray (218), Mike2 (38)