SporeBase Forum
January 16, 2018, 09:18:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remember, we don't support anything pirated or illegally downloaded.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Peace and Quiet. And a basked of suggestions.  (Read 6252 times)
Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »

-snip-
1: Correct, we could add a software subsection, but we try not to have subsections that are not in use. The reason why we specifically have a game design section is because people will go there to post about their game design projects. Nobody that I know of here is working on a non-game related project that they wish to share with the forum, therefore we do not have a software board. Why have a board if you don't use it? So people can use it if they wanted to? Nah, that's not necessarily a good plan. If so, we'd have to prepare for an infinite number of solutions, because there are an infinite (or nearly infinite) number of topics to post about, creating a board for each isn't necessarily a good plan, and also makes the forum more confusing.
4: Gold, one cannot simply change the name of a forum once it's already been established. That's like changing the name of a town to more accurately represent what's inside the town. Kinda silly, in my opinion. Also, we are still known as one of the few bastions of Spore mods, and Spore hacks. If we decided to stay strictly to Spore, our forum would lapse into inactivity, and eventually fall off the map. By welcoming other topics, we stay active and stay interesting.
5: As you may have noticed, Other Games has a few child boards that are of less popular games. Minecraft got moved to the forefront because the community was (and still is) very interested in it, so moving it up to where everyone can easily access it makes sense.
6: The SMF mod that adds the Gallery adds it as "Gallery". We cannot change the name of the tab.
8: Not sure there are that many games that actually have a SMF-compatible high score table.

World is definitely a middle size.
1: Try to get subsections that are not in use Wink. When some new comers see that they would probably enter there to make posts thus making forum active and active...
4: Can two?We are known for best spore mods... I  rarely get confused. This is the moment. You should make youtube videos... Wink. Popular for 'Guests' to get in register say hi in introduction and leave.
5: Trust me. Make 'General tab for other games'. Forum will get cleaner.
6: SporeCheater made stupid decision.
8: Then remove them. Because new comers will play some incompatible game and fu** up....
1: Possibly, but why create a board when there is no expressed interest for it? It just adds more complexity to the forum.
4: It's not a wise idea to change our name. We have been established as SporeBase for 3 years, going on 4.
5: I respectfully disagree. Plus, I've done that before.
8: No. High scores aren't important to everyone, and a lot of the games that don't have high scores are the better ones.

GoldSpark
3rd Warning (Flaming)
Marine Veteran
612.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to GoldSpark

Software is the world's future.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »

-snip-
1: Correct, we could add a software subsection, but we try not to have subsections that are not in use. The reason why we specifically have a game design section is because people will go there to post about their game design projects. Nobody that I know of here is working on a non-game related project that they wish to share with the forum, therefore we do not have a software board. Why have a board if you don't use it? So people can use it if they wanted to? Nah, that's not necessarily a good plan. If so, we'd have to prepare for an infinite number of solutions, because there are an infinite (or nearly infinite) number of topics to post about, creating a board for each isn't necessarily a good plan, and also makes the forum more confusing.
4: Gold, one cannot simply change the name of a forum once it's already been established. That's like changing the name of a town to more accurately represent what's inside the town. Kinda silly, in my opinion. Also, we are still known as one of the few bastions of Spore mods, and Spore hacks. If we decided to stay strictly to Spore, our forum would lapse into inactivity, and eventually fall off the map. By welcoming other topics, we stay active and stay interesting.
5: As you may have noticed, Other Games has a few child boards that are of less popular games. Minecraft got moved to the forefront because the community was (and still is) very interested in it, so moving it up to where everyone can easily access it makes sense.
6: The SMF mod that adds the Gallery adds it as "Gallery". We cannot change the name of the tab.
8: Not sure there are that many games that actually have a SMF-compatible high score table.

World is definitely a middle size.
1: Try to get subsections that are not in use Wink. When some new comers see that they would probably enter there to make posts thus making forum active and active...
4: Can two?We are known for best spore mods... I  rarely get confused. This is the moment. You should make youtube videos... Wink. Popular for 'Guests' to get in register say hi in introduction and leave.
5: Trust me. Make 'General tab for other games'. Forum will get cleaner.
6: SporeCheater made stupid decision.
8: Then remove them. Because new comers will play some incompatible game and fu** up....
1: Possibly, but why create a board when there is no expressed interest for it? It just adds more complexity to the forum.
4: It's not a wise idea to change our name. We have been established as SporeBase for 3 years, going on 4.
8: No. High scores aren't important to everyone, and a lot of the games that don't have high scores are the better ones.

1: Why think there is not expressed interest in something when you cannot read other people thoughts?
4: I am here with you.
5: And before we had more members
8: Most people want high scores 2 don't. So who win?

MangoJuice
Official Beverage Inspector
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »

1. Game Design is for Game Design, but perhaps they could add a Software based board as well.
2. Offtopic? Do you mean Quick Threads? If so, not all threads are just spam, most have a purpose.
3. Uh.. Child Boards do not mean they are for children.. they are a 'child' of the main board.
4. Because Minecraft is a big part of the forum now, we are not just Spore biased.
5. Other Games is for all other games in general, we have a Minecraft board for just Minecraft, Darkspore board for just Darkspore and Other Games is for, Other Games, simple.
6. I don't think it will lure more people, most if not all of the people who use the Gallery don't wish to make a forum account and post anywhere and we shouldn't fend them off by making free downloads cost, which they can easily get past anyway.
7. Just stop having an ego like you are better than everyone else and don't question EVERYTHING and we should be fine.
8. I don't think removing those games are needed. People don't care about Arcade scores that much and those who do shouldn't care about those few games.
9. You are not retarded, as you said you just need sleep and ask anyone I have had my fair shares of stupid posts after problems in my life. When you are not sleeping or feeling like crap, take a break from the forum or limit your posts. Take care and sleep well man is all I can say.

Eh then this forum is fail. I am leaving bye. And so many f>u.c>k>e.d up people here...---___---'
Don't think that you'll be welcome if you wish to come back with that attitude, then.

And don't evade the censors.

Go f.u~c~k your goat. Check where you posted 'then'. You inbred.
Here comes the warning train! TooT TooT!

GoldSpark
3rd Warning (Flaming)
Marine Veteran
612.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to GoldSpark

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 01:22:41 PM »

1. Game Design is for Game Design, but perhaps they could add a Software based board as well.
2. Offtopic? Do you mean Quick Threads? If so, not all threads are just spam, most have a purpose.
3. Uh.. Child Boards do not mean they are for children.. they are a 'child' of the main board.
4. Because Minecraft is a big part of the forum now, we are not just Spore biased.
5. Other Games is for all other games in general, we have a Minecraft board for just Minecraft, Darkspore board for just Darkspore and Other Games is for, Other Games, simple.
6. I don't think it will lure more people, most if not all of the people who use the Gallery don't wish to make a forum account and post anywhere and we shouldn't fend them off by making free downloads cost, which they can easily get past anyway.
7. Just stop having an ego like you are better than everyone else and don't question EVERYTHING and we should be fine.
8. I don't think removing those games are needed. People don't care about Arcade scores that much and those who do shouldn't care about those few games.
9. You are not retarded, as you said you just need sleep and ask anyone I have had my fair shares of stupid posts after problems in my life. When you are not sleeping or feeling like crap, take a break from the forum or limit your posts. Take care and sleep well man is all I can say.

Eh then this forum is fail. I am leaving bye. And so many f>u.c>k>e.d up people here...---___---'
Don't think that you'll be welcome if you wish to come back with that attitude, then.

And don't evade the censors.

Go f.u~c~k your goat. Check where you posted 'then'. You inbred.
Here comes the warning train! TooT TooT!

TooT! TooT! on your future grave...

Amber
MISUSE OF AA PRIVILEGES HERE
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

Mountain Dew is my life's blood

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »

I'll write up the warning log...wow, two of these within a week.

MangoJuice
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 01:25:42 PM »

Thanks, Amber. I can't atm because the Wii can't copypaste.

WHY, NINTENDO CORP. WHY

Kaos
PM me if you need help with anything
Administrator
Captain
6606.30 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Kaos

Watching out for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 01:28:37 PM »

-snip-

1: Why think there is not expressed interest in something when you cannot read other people thoughts?
1: By definition, an expressed interest is an interest that has been stated. It's illogical to state that expressed interest can be divined through reading others' thoughts.
5: Granted, but can you prove a correlation between that and how the forum was organized? Get some people who joined the forum purely based on that fact, and we'll talk.
8: Currently it's 2 people who want to keep the games to one person who wants to get rid of the games on that, based on analysis of this thread alone. Make a separate thread with a poll to more accurately poll the community about this.

Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »

Gold, downright flaming authority is not a very good idea.

I know you've been out for a while, so I would strongly recommend re-reading the rules. Times have changed significantly.

GoldSpark
3rd Warning (Flaming)
Marine Veteran
612.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to GoldSpark

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »

-snip-

1: By definition, an expressed interest is an interest that has been stated. It's illogical to state that expressed interest can be divined through reading others' thoughts.
5: Granted, but can you prove a correlation between that and how the forum was organized? Get some people who joined the forum purely based on that fact, and we'll talk.
8: Currently it's 2 people who want to keep the games to one person who wants to get rid of the games on that, based on analysis of this thread alone. Make a separate thread with a poll to more accurately poll the community about this.
1: Sorry don't know English well just answer it in correct way.
5: Kaos kaos... i though you would be smarted :/. What you did there was you first agreed then you disagreed :/.
8: True that, because now there are much less members and 2 members think chaos is better than order.
:/. It is bad logic with your poll suggestion. Don't you think everybody would rip my head off?

Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »

Making a simple poll that people would vote on is not going to get you flamed at.

By the way, I can understand your English pretty well. It's definitely improving.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:39:40 PM by Amber » Logged

GoldSpark
3rd Warning (Flaming)
Marine Veteran
612.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to GoldSpark

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »

Gold, downright flaming authority is not a very good idea.

I know you've been out for a while, so I would strongly recommend re-reading the rules. Times have changed significantly.

Well i got bored here because only few members are active in 1000 threaded forum xD. Which makes me say bad things.. But will someone please remove my account!? I cannot go the slow way of removing it(flaming others for warning).
And by the way just go to some chat room all of you... -_-'. No one uses shoutbox here.
Now you ask: "Why didn't you ask?"
Now i answer: I wanted to have more fun Wink. Because  nearly everyone is admin in this silent forum.
This sucks...

GoldSpark
3rd Warning (Flaming)
Marine Veteran
612.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to GoldSpark

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 01:43:41 PM »

Making a simple poll that people would vote on is not going to get you flamed at.

By the way, I can understand your English pretty well. It's definitely improving.

Hehehehehehehe CheesyKiss

They will vote for negative for sure  Kiss Kiss Kiss

MangoJuice
Global Moderator
Strategic Assistant
12626.80 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to MangoJuice

Probably

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 01:44:20 PM »

So you want us to permaban you?

GoldSpark
3rd Warning (Flaming)
Marine Veteran
612.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to GoldSpark

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »

So you want us to permaban you?

Yes. Not you because you cant copypaste remember?

vexx32
1st Commendation
Visiting Administrator
Lieutenant
2114.10 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to vexx32

Vengeance Warrior [1st Commmendation]

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 01:51:19 PM »

If you don't want to be here, it's a simple as just not coming back to the site. A permaban is not necessary, but I've no doubt Kaos will issue one if you force his hand.

Minecraft Username: vexx32
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
Oistin16 (49), Oscarweatherburn (49), DarkSideGrox (23), kentl3vy (37), quincebird1 (36), cone2sort (43), grasssleep5 (34), pullsheet7 (34), land9robin (39), deal08oval (41), coursefriday80 (34), james83bamboo (36), pink9neck (39), hobbscapr74 (41), cork69bush (41), haildeal1 (37), flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (35), violawoolen82 (33), coachcrocus89 (43), milkmatch6 (41), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), beetauthor5 (40), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), june7double (42), neon83class (38), link37spear (35), stewglove6 (36), squash45napkin (33), Ray (218), Mike2 (38)