SporeBase Forum
January 17, 2018, 11:55:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: BUMPing - Always remember to check posts dates before replying to a topic! If the last post was several months ago, you should probably leave it alone.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Remove Plants  (Read 12667 times)
Nick12506
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:02:56 PM »

In spore the game does it's best to choose player made creations over maxis ones, but the plant choice system was not finished, the game will always choose YOUR plants over maxis ones.  This means that if you have a bugged tree, the game will ALWAYS choose that tree in creature stage, tribal stage, and civilization stage.  Space stage doesn't seem to ever choose your plants.

NEVER drag a maxis extracted plant file into the flora editor, it will extract to the plants folder in my spore creations and become the dominate plant of the game, if you delete the plant from the plant folder you will get plants with screwed up meshes EX: floating fruit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above data from Wgooch.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how to remove plant.

WARNING DO THIS AS A LAST RESORT!!!!!
DO NOT MAKE PLANTS FOR ANY REASON!!!!!
BACK UP FILES BEFORE TRYING!!!!!

May not work on mac...

Delete

Windows 7

C:\Users\*System name*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE\Pollination.package
C:\Users\*System name*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE\Games

Windows Xp

C:\Documents and Settings\*System name*\Application Data\SPORE\Pollination.package
C:\Documents and Settings\*System name*\Application Data\SPORE\Games

Mac

.../Libary/Preferences/Spore Preferences/p_drive/User/Application Data/Spore/Pollination.package/
.../Libary/Preferences/Spore Preferences/p_drive/User/Application Data/Spore/Games/

If you have all your creatures that you have used in your game you won't need to do this part but if you used the Plant & saved you'll have too.

This may work but i'm to lazy to try.

De-Compile the Pollination.package & remove the Plant, Re-Compile the Pollination.package.

I have done this myself but when I did it I deleted my save file.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:03:27 PM by Kaos » Logged
HackNTosch
Civilian
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to HackNTosch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 01:51:25 AM »

I found this place on Mac:

.../Libary/Preferences/Spore Preferences/p_drive/User/Application Data/Spore/Pollination.package/

I removed this file, and I now need to re-install Spore!
Nick12506
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:31:41 AM »

Well i did this on Windows, are you sure you deleted that one file & i'll add "Back files before trying" to the tutorial.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:33:41 AM by Nick » Logged
HackNTosch
Civilian
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to HackNTosch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 06:36:49 AM »

deleted the file, and then I was needing to re-install my game. Backup before you remove!
wgooch
Marine Recruit
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to wgooch

Dance with the devil!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »

actually I was able to fix my problem by renaming pollination to pollination.package.old then going to my creations folder and renaming the plants folder to _plants, all my creations showed up in recent downloads afterwords, but the plants were gone.

All your base are belong to Grox
42 of Chaos' Old Account
Account is currently banned due to hacking investigations
Lieutenant
10480.05 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to 42 of Chaos' Old Account

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 12:00:23 AM »

I wonder if it matters that you deleted the plants folder full stop? I did that to try and get rid of the plants BEFORE this solution came out, and I wanna try and use wgooch's stratergy. Were they permanently in the recent downloads wgooch?
Nick12506
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 08:28:16 AM »

I wonder if it matters that you deleted the plants folder full stop? I did that to try and get rid of the plants BEFORE this solution came out, and I wanna try and use wgooch's stratergy. Were they permanently in the recent downloads wgooch?

Plants stay in your game even if you try to ban/delete them.
wgooch
Marine Recruit
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to wgooch

Dance with the devil!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 03:40:37 PM »

Nick, plants are in your game without the ability to remove them because they have files stored in the pollination package. I am currently experimenting with the pollination package to see if I can simply remove the plants WITHOUT having creatures put into recent downloads, so yea it's pretty permanent for the time being.

PS

All your achievements show up in order onscreen after the pollination package regenerates
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:50:57 PM by wgooch » Logged

wgooch
Marine Recruit
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to wgooch

Dance with the devil!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

Well I figured out how to remove the files from the pollination package, but because of the hard coded files it packs up corrupted and regenerates, any ideas?

wgooch
Marine Recruit
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to wgooch

Dance with the devil!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 09:55:11 PM »

I don't think you understand, when I unpack the package there are hard coded files that cannot be re-packed correctly, I guess it would require a new tool that only edits a single file within the package and leaves the rest alone.

Nick12506
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 07:00:38 AM »

Have you tried the one we use for spore?
wgooch
Marine Recruit
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to wgooch

Dance with the devil!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »

Wait, what? You don't think I've been using a spore editing tool  Huh

Nick12506
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »

I thought you been decrypting it yourself.
wgooch
Marine Recruit
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to wgooch

Dance with the devil!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 06:54:01 PM »

No, I've been using sporemaster

wgooch
Marine Recruit
0.00 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to wgooch

Dance with the devil!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »

Alright, I got a little more info on bugged plants, the pollination file contains the requirements for the game to realize that the maxis made plants exist for choosing a planet's plants. inside the spore_content package is where the plants real data is stored.  In spore the game does it's best to choose player made creations over maxis ones, but the plant choice system was not finished, the game will always choose YOUR plants over maxis ones.  This means that if you have a bugged tree, the game will ALWAYS choose that tree in creature stage, tribal stage, and civilization stage.  Space stage doesn't seem to ever choose your plants.

One last thing, NEVER drag a maxis extracted plant file into the flora editor, it will extract to the plants folder in my spore creations and become the dominate plant of the game, if you delete the plant from the plant folder you will get plants with screwed up meshes EX: floating fruit.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 06:45:46 PM by wgooch » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (35), violawoolen82 (33), milkmatch6 (41), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), neon83class (38), link37spear (35), stewglove6 (36), squash45napkin (42), coachcrocus89 (41), land9robin (38), beetauthor5 (41), june7double (37), lunch25kidney (39), gray57store (39), golf2virgo (41), fly0rate (39), winter19women (34), Ray (218), tire82detail (41), vacuumnews2 (36), Mike2 (38), Salabasama (28), AsteriskExpert (45)