SporeBase Forum
January 16, 2018, 01:25:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: For all of your informative needs, check out the News Section!

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something is wrong with my TSearch  (Read 821 times)
NeonStar285
Civilian
245.50 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to NeonStar285

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »

I haven't had any issues using TSearch within the last several months, but when I updated my Windows version from 7 to 8, opening up TSearch produces MAJOR lags to EVERYTHING. This includes only having TSearch open, not having hacked anything with it. I was trying to use the "Unlimited Energy/Health for Captain" hack but whenever I open up my game to do pretty much anything (including moving up, down, forward, and backward, jumping/gliding, even pausing the game) it lags severely, freezing the game for 10-20 seconds whenever I press a key to do these actions; however, the only way the game does not lag is if I click the buttons to perform actions in the game, such as pressing the jump/glide button instead of pressing Space or clicking on a spot on the ground to move to said location instead of using the up/down/left/right arrow keys or W/A/S/D. Though obviously it's ineffective to go through the whole game while being restricted from shortcut-keys. After opening up Google Chrome in an attempt to see if anyone has this problem with their Spore and TSearch, Google Chrome froze a couple of times and I even had to restart it twice, then I closed down TSearch and everything, including Spore and Google Chrome, was working smoothly again. Normally, I would use Cheat Engine since that works smoothly with me, but Cheat Engine isn't familiar with some of the Spore-Hacks such as the "Unlimited Energy/Health for Captain" cheat, and I attempted to do so but as a result no addresses appeared in the table, even performing the hack twice, so there was nothing to freeze. So, is anyone having issues with TSearch in Windows 8? It's also important to mention that TSearch itself does not lag, just everything else as long as it's opened.
Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled TSearch but with no new results. Any help is appreciated.
Amber
MISUSE OF AA PRIVILEGES HERE
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

Mountain Dew is my life's blood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 02:01:24 PM »

Hmm, have you tried CheatEngine instead? You can do the same things with CheatEngine that you can with TSearch and it runs much faster.

NeonStar285
Civilian
245.50 Spice

View Inventory

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »

Hmm, have you tried CheatEngine instead? You can do the same things with CheatEngine that you can with TSearch and it runs much faster.
Yes, I have Cheat Engine, it works smoothly too, unlike TSearch. Unfortunately, some of the cheats (like the "Unlimited Energy/Health for Captains" one) doesn't seem to work with Cheat Engine; when I search 17530 or 17658 for the First Value, it gets multiple addresses, but when I search for "Decreased Value" after using up some energy in Spore like the tutorial states, no results are found, everytime. I remember using a different cheat with Cheat Engine, unfortunately I don't remember what kind of cheat, but I do know that Cheat Engine doesn't give results after searching for those kinds of values either. TSearch works perfectly with all cheats I've used from the SporeBase, but when it comes to Cheat Engine, it seems to me that only a few work. Unless I'm doing something wrong with Cheat Engine, which could be the case. Undecided
By the way, slightly off-topic, but nice to know I got an answer quick. I though the SporeBase forums were a little inactive, seeing as how the last post was in the last 2 months I believe.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 02:52:31 PM by NeonStar285 » Logged
Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 08:26:20 PM »

I'm one of the few active people here, haha. I mostly just log on to a sea of grey blocks Cheesy

Have you tried running T-Search in various compatibility modes?

NeonStar285
Civilian
245.50 Spice

View Inventory

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:27:30 PM »

Okay, I tried your suggestion of turning on Compatibility Mode just now, but unfortunately to no avail. I set the compatibility for Windows 7 first, because that was when TSearch was working just fine before I updated my Windows to Version-8, then I set it to Windows Vista to see if an even older compatibility version would work, but it still lags when pressing any button, even typing in something on the search-engine of the Sporepedia.
I wonder if anyone else is having this issue, I've looked this problem up on the Internet (by searching for "TSearch lags in Windows 8") but various links lead to miscellaneous things such as where to download TSearch, how to hack whatever game with TSearch, updating Windows to Version-8, etc.. But nothing mentions my problem.
I'm glad you're trying to help me out here, though. Cheesy Sometimes when I have a problem with my Spore and I ask on the Sporums, people may call me a noob or simply refuse to help and instead start a stupid, immature argument which spreads faster than a Forest-Fire until the Sporemaster comes and locks up the thread from "continuous pointlessness and spam" preventing me from allowing anyone actually smart or helpful enough to stay on the topic and answer the most important question of the thread. Roll Eyes That's why I mostly rely on the SporeBase forums. Smiley
Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 11:17:43 PM »

You said you tried Windows 7 and VIsta compatibility modes - did you try the different Windows XP service packs? Those tend to yield the best results.

Also, when you updated to Windows 8 did you completely uninstall Windows 7, or keep a backup of it so you can revert? Doing the latter can result in the new OS having instability. (Dunno if this is an option when updating to Win8, but I had issues with Windows 10 because I held onto 7 so I may as well mention it)

Of course, it could just be that Windows 8 just simply hates T-Search. Here's a list of things on Microsoft's site that you can try out and see if you get any results http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:21:18 PM by Amber » Logged

NeonStar285
Civilian
245.50 Spice

View Inventory

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »

Oh geez. After trying both Windows XPs I still get this lagging problem. I'm going to guess that it's the latter, my Windows 8 simply hates TSearch. I'll see if the link that you provided gives helpful information. And while I did uninstall Windows 7 completely, I did back up things from Windows 7 including TSearch. My initial thought when this problem was occurring was that it was simply because it was a backed-up version of TSearch; that's why I uninstalled it and installed a fresh, RAR file from the post that you stickied a while back (that post that was also by me, where I asked where I could download TSearch). But strangely enough it didn't yield any different results.
Actually, main reason I want to use TSearch, is because of the "Unlimited Energy/Health" hack which doesn't seem to be recognizable by Cheat Engine because often times I use a captain named "Tester-Aver" (this is actually a dressed-up, weaponized version of "Aver" from Maxis) to test out adventures to see how they are accomplished and what the challenges are before using the captains I truly want to level up (unfortunately I'm a newb when it comes to Galactic Adventures and I usually get myself killed because I don't know how the adventure is set up, there could be invisible or obscured mines, or strong attackers I'm not aware of). This Tester-Aver has a shield on him but unfortunately each time he gets hit by a strong weapon (like Lightning-Striker or Missile-Flinger, especially at level 3) his shield deactivates because energy is instantly deducted to 0. This prevents him from retaliating or fighting back because he himself has weapons that require serious amounts of energy. And because of that I can't really test out these adventures if my captain dies every time, even with captain-accessories. Just thought I'd let you know why I want to use TSearch so much. Grin
EDIT: I forgot to ask, is there a specific reason Cheat Engine doesn't recognize some hacks like the one I'm trying to use for my captain? If I could just get Cheat Engine to work with this particular hack along with some others I'm trying to use that only worked with TSearch, I'd be fine with giving up TSearch. Unfortunately I'm no tech-geek when it comes to Cheat Engine, but I have a good friend who is a professional when it comes to Cheat Engine and TSearch and often helps me when it comes to complex issues. Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:43:49 PM by NeonStar285 » Logged
NeonStar285
Civilian
245.50 Spice

View Inventory

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 05:11:29 PM »

Okay, after trying several tools with Cheat Engine, I found out recently (yesterday) that apparently by turning off "Fast Scan", I can actually get some of the hacks that didn't work before (like the Unlimited Energy/Health cheat) to actually be found so I could successfully perform the cheat. I guess that solves my issue for finding an alternative for TSearch. Thanks for helping me so much! Because of this, now I can actually use my Tester-Aver to test out adventures without dying so I can actually level up my relevant captains. Grin Cheesy
Amber
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1370.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »

I didn't know about that limiter on Cheat Engine since I rarely use it. Glad you found the solution to your problem though!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
Oistin16 (49), Oscarweatherburn (49), DarkSideGrox (23), kentl3vy (37), quincebird1 (36), cone2sort (43), grasssleep5 (34), verse6net (37), yarn99motion (38), violawoolen82 (40), pullsheet7 (34), land9robin (39), deal08oval (41), coursefriday80 (34), james83bamboo (36), pink9neck (39), june7double (39), hobbscapr74 (41), cork69bush (41), haildeal1 (37), flesh8planet (34), print88magic (37), squash45napkin (36), coachcrocus89 (43), dew6pail (35), soda8sort (33), stewhoe9 (33), blousefloor98 (34), link37spear (35), Ray (218), Mike2 (38)