SporeBase Forum
October 18, 2017, 07:46:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Fun Fact: The current fastest supercomputer is the Chinese Milky Way-2 with an incredible speed of 33.86 petaflops per second.

Home   Help Arcade Search Shop Articles Links Gallery Login Register Wiki  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxis Creatures B-Gone  (Read 49 times)
Amber
MISUSE OF AA PRIVILEGES HERE
Administrative Assistant
Captain
1330.90 Spice

View Inventory
Send Money to Amber

Mountain Dew is my life's blood

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »

This is a modified Spore_Content package file which removes only the creatures from the game. All other Maxis creations are left intact.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH USER MADE CREATURES TO FILL ALL THE NICHES IN THE CREATURE STAGE OR YOU WILL HAVE A BAD TIME

In the future I will create more variants to this which remove vehicles and buildings in different combinations too. My first priority was to remove the creatures because for me personally, those are the only Maxis creations that to me, are outright "bad" and significantly reduce the quality of the game experience.

Do be aware though, when I make the vehicle and building variants as well as the "complete nuke" variant which removes all three types, I will not remove Grox vehicles or buildings, because those are hardcoded to be selected by the game and if removed, they will just have invisible vehicles and buildings instead. The creature is safe to remove though and will be replaced. Weird.

Also please note that it is unsafe to remove plants and cells, since they are also hardcoded and don't "pollinate" normally, so all versions will leave those intact.

To use this mod:

1. Navigate to wherever you installed your game, into the Data folder. Back up your original, unmodified Spore_Content. It would be foolish to completely delete a core package file.

2. Replace the original Spore_Content with this one. You can tell this apart from the original easily by the file size; the modded one is much larger. (This is just a difference in how Sporemaster compresses package files, and won't cause any issues. I've been using it with no ill side effects for a while.)

3. Go to C:/Users/Yourname/Appdata (hidden on 64 bit systems)/Roaming/SPORE and delete Pollination.package. Deleting this may cause your avatar creature to become a question mark in existing saves so I strongly recommend you delete all save data as well.

Now when you restart your game, Maxis creatures will be gone while other content will still be present. Leaving this package file in should be safe; I've tested it on all stages as well as all the default Adventures; from what I've seen the latter do not use any core game default creatures. I've had no issues, just a blissful lack of hideous Maxis creatures and nothing hurts

Note: This mod does remove the Grox, they will be replaced by a random user-made creature.

DOWNLOAD (Large file warning: this package file is 2 GB in size!): http://www.mediafire.com/file/o8356bn5rcc3bgt/Spore_Content_%28No_Creatures%29.rar
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:04:22 PM by Amber » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Today's Birthdays
Friend 001 (22), cougartip14 (39), Tiran131 (48), dinnerdoctor7 (33), Imran35 (43), Paterson96 (45), Odile92 (43), Halken079 (41), Winfred100 (49), Yordana98 (52), RSon18 (47)